Value-Added Consulting Services
VRSA safety specialists assist members with developing, implementing, and maintaining effective risk management programs. They include:
- Experienced safety consultants providing on-site surveys/facility assessments and consultation;
- Risk program and policy review;
- Free trainings and workshops held on-site, online and regionally, some offering continuing education credits;
- Sample policies and bulletins on a wide range of topics; and much more.
VRSA provides human resources consultative services to members with public official’s liability coverage to assist in the mitigation of employment practices liability exposure. HR services include:
- Review of materials such as job postings, policies, procedures, corrective actions and more;
- HR consultations – phone based or in-person;
- Web-based and in-person training on topics such as FMLA, ADA, sexual harassment, workplace violence, and more;
- Access to the EPL Assist employment hotline;
- Sample policies, procedures, interview questions, employment posters;
- HR audits, and more.
VRSA provides communications consultative services to members with public official’s liability coverage to assist members in navigating the unique communications challenges of local governments. Services include:
- Custom communications consulting – phone based or in-person;
- Monitoring of current communications trends and strategies;
- Training and webinars in the area of crisis communications, media relations, social media, strategic communications, spokesperson preparation; and much more.
VRSA is proud to offer the consulting services and resources of a past town manager with more than 30 years of local government experience as our Local Government Specialist. Services include:
- Identifying emerging risks and challenges in local government finance, budgeting, and compliance
- Leadership consulting
- Council/manager governance
- Community relationship management
- Strategic planning
- Effective service delivery
The Virginia Risk Sharing Association (VRSA) provides risk consulting for the public safety sector including law enforcement, fire and emergency medical services. Our training programs assist in reducing accidents and injuries for law enforcement and fire/EMS staff. Services include:
On-site risk assessment;
Below 100 program training
Loss and injury analysis;
Online training; and
Assistance developing fitness/wellness programs.
The Virginia Risk Sharing Association (VRSA) offers comprehensive workers’ compensation (WC) services to ensure injured employees receive high quality medical care.
Additionally, VRSA works to ensure that member employers are kept apprised of the claim, that return to work opportunities are identified, and that communication between employees, employers, and medical providers are effective.
VRSA does not just process claims, we manage them. Our staff handles all aspects of the claim, from the date of the accident to the close of the case, responding to each claim promptly upon receipt of notice. Our claims staff provides effective, efficient, responsive claims management to our members.Download Brochure