VML Insurance Programs (VMLIP) is the first and most financially secure self- insurance pool in the Commonwealth of Virginia. For nearly 40 years VMLIP has provided auto, property, liability, and workers’ compensation coverage to more than 480 local political subdivisions across Virginia.
VMLIP’s coverage and service programs are designed to meet the needs of all Virginia local governments – from the smallest to the largest. VMLIP provides comprehensive risk management program support, human resources, law enforcement and communications expertise and consulting, and more to members who contribute more than $54 million in annual contributions to the pool. We are “Virginia’s local government specialists”.
Headquartered in Glen Allen, VA, VMLIP has 55 employees. Our staff enjoys a great work environment along with a comprehensive benefits package which includes a company funded retirement plan. We highly value continuing education and provide a tuition program and many learning opportunities for employee growth and development. Please visit our website www.vmlins.org for additional company details, including a summary of our employee benefits program.
Currently, we have an employment opportunity for a Fast Track Claims Rep to process all phases of assigned property, auto and liability claims from initial contact to conclusion in accordance with our claims handling standards. The primary focus is the timely investigation and resolution of first party auto physical damage, and third party property damage claims with no injuries. The claims representative will be responsible for all aspects of automobile and heavy vehicle losses including the securing of vehicle appraisals, arranging rentals, settling total loss claims and handling titling and salvage processes. There is also opportunity for the handling of some first party property and minor third party bodily injury claims.
- Provide outstanding customer service to members and staff by promptly, courteously and accurately responding to verbal and written communications within established timeframes, and where appropriate and as workload permits, conducting on-site visits with members, attending meetings and maintaining current knowledge of trends in the Property and Liability field.
- Utilize a diary to initiate timely contact on all claims; review coverage, and investigate and determine liability on all claims and work to resolution.
- Establish, review, update and maintain reserves on all files in accordance with established standards.
- Negotiate settlement of claims when appropriate and in the best interest of all parties, obtaining settlement authority as necessary and providing prompt notice to third party of claims that are denied.
- Recognize subrogation/restitution possibilities and handle all aspects of recovery.
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Some claims experience in a related field in the insurance industry.
- Working knowledge of business practices and procedures and the operation of office equipment
- Proficient in the use of personal computers including Microsoft software applications and use of the Internet for business purposes
- Demonstrated abilities to gather and analyze information and reach sound conclusions; create and maintain hardcopy and electronic files including databases; communicate activities between software applications; work effectively with all levels of an organization; maintain confidentiality; meet deadlines and goals; and function both independently and as a member of a team
NONESSENTIAL/BENEFICIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Undergraduate degree in related field
- Knowledge of medical terminology and jurisdiction issues
- Achievement of industry related professional designation
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, including salary requirements and resume, to email@example.com. Attention: FT
RELOCATION NOT AVAILABLE
NO VISA SPONSORSHIP
EOE – We value diversity