Value-Added Consulting and Services
VMLIP safety specialist assist members with developing, implementing, and maintaining effective risk management programs. They include:
- Experienced safety consultants providing on-site surveys/facility assessments and consultation;
- Risk program and policy review;
- Free trainings and workshops held on-site, online and regionally, some offering continuing education credits;
- Sample policies and bulletins on a wide range of topics; and much more.
VMLIP provides human resources consultative services to members with public official’s liability coverage to assist in the mitigation of employment practices liability exposure. HR services include:
- Review of materials such as job postings, policies, procedures, corrective actions and more;
- HR consultations – phone based or in-person;
- Web-based and in-person training on topics such as FMLA, ADA, sexual harassment, workplace violence, and more;
- Access to the EPL Assist employment hotline;
- Sample policies, procedures, interview questions, employment posters;
- HR audits, and more.
VMLIP provides communications consultative services to members with public official’s liability coverage to assist members in navigating the unique communications challenges of local governments. Services include:
- Custom communications consulting – phone based or in-person;
- Monitoring of current communications trends and strategies;
- Training and webinars in the area of crisis communications, media relations, social media, strategic communications, spokesperson preparation; and much more.
VMLIP’s law enforcement services are designed to provide up-to-date and credible risk management guidance to law enforcement agencies. Services include:
- Monitoring of current issues, court decisions, and changes in best practices;
- Assistance in developing and maintaining policies and procedures;
- Access to training on law enforcement topics, including in-class driver/police pursuit training;
- Access to the Law Enforcement Matters newsletter;
- Assistance with developing and implementing wellness and fit-for-duty programs, and more.
Workers’ Compensation Services
VML Insurance Programs (VMLIP) offers comprehensive workers’ compensation (WC) services to ensure injured employees receive high quality medical care.
Additionally, VMLIP works to ensure that member employers are kept apprised of the claim, that return to work opportunities are identified, and that communication between employees, employers, and medical providers are effective.
VMLIP does not just process claims, we manage them. Our staff handles all aspects of the claim, from the date of the accident to the close of the case, responding to each claim promptly upon receipt of notice. Our claims staff provides effective, efficient, responsive claims management to our members.