More than just coverage
VMLIP offers a variety of programs and resources designed to maximize members’ risk management efforts. They include business continuity services, contract review, property appraisals, grants, and access to training through the VMLIP Online University, VMLIP Multimedia LIbrary, and through in-person training and webinars.
Additionally, VMLIP’s Safe Driver Resources provides a specialized collection of resources including coaching systems, online courses, videos, DVDs, helpful links, and more for members with auto liability coverage.
Popular coverages for local governments
- Automobile Physical Damage
- Automobile Liability
- Automobile Replacement Cost on High Value Vehicles
- Boiler and Machinery
- Builder’s Risk
- Contractor’s Equipment
- Cyber Liability Coverage including Privacy Notification Costs
- Employment Practices Liability
- Flood Coverage
Specialized consulting services for local governments
VMLIP’s safety, human resources, communications and law enforcement specialists, as well as workers’ compensation and claims staff, offer members up-to-date information on the latest trends, news and best practices in their specialties.
- Safety Services: VMLIP provides safety consultative services to help members develop, implement, and maintain effective risk management programs to reduce their cost of risk.
- Communications Services: VMLIP provides communications consultative services to members with public officials liability coverage to assist members in navigating the unique communications challenges of local governments.
- Human Resources Services: VMLIP provides human resources consultative services to members with public officials liability coverage to assist in mitigation of employment practices liability exposure.
- Law Enforcement Services: VMLIP’s law enforcement services are designed to provide up-to-date and credible risk management guidance to law enforcement agencies.
- Workers’ Compensation Services: In addition to receiving high quality medical care, VMLIP provides personalized services to ensure that injured workers are provided with timely treatment for their injuries and that member employers are kept apprised of the claim.